Gerstco Employment Opportunities
Join our team!
Software Support Specialist
General Duties & Responsibilities.
Scope of the Job. A software support specialist provides excellent support for Gerstco’s software applications. Software applications include DVAAPBase and the various modules contained in the application. This position is responsible for the following:
a. Research and provide sound solutions to customer issues and requests;
b. Develop and provide technical instruction to internal and external software users;
c. Participate in software training sessions for internal and external users of DVAAPbase;
d. Actively participate in business meetings regarding customer requests and software support processes;
e. Educate software users on new versions of the software;
f. Create detailed reports based on customer requests, issues, and software solutions.
Tasks for Software Support Specialists.
• Coordination: Resolve software issues quickly and report to internal Team Members.
• Analysis: Perform root cause analysis for each issue, escalating, when needed.
• Document and Track Issues: Report issues and status to management on a weekly basis.
• Software Training: Develop and implement training and documentation on the use of the software.
• Provide consistent feedback to Gerstco’s external users of DVAAPBase regarding the status of their issues.
• Develop a Flow Chart: For reporting software issues.
At Gerstco, our goal is to deliver complete and accurate EEO AAP documents and supporting materials to our clients who are organizations and firms that do business with the U.S. Federal Government.
As part of Gerstco’s Operations Team, you will focus on analyzing data provided by clients using MS-Excel and Gerstco proprietary software.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work independently and is experienced in balancing competing priorities in a results-oriented work environment. The candidate should be comfortable working in a small office setting with confidential data and security procedures and systems.
• Within 6-months you should be able to work independently on data-managed information and provide standard reports and analysis, as defined by Gerstco. Within 9 months you should be able work from original data files, prepare these files for importation into Gerstco’s EEO AAP system, and produce reports and analysis for up to 4 organizations a week.
• Comfortable using standard data analysis tools to manipulate data and produce reports (Excel methodologies and other statistical formulae).
• Ultimately is comfortable developing and executing strategies to optimize reporting and produce on-time, accurate reports and analysis.
• Works well with other employees in a small office environment as part of a Gerstco team. This position is working in an office setting in Campbell, CA.
• Individual should provide 3 references, a resume, and proof of US Citizenship.
• EEO AAP experience with a federal contractor company.
• Master of Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, macros, data queries) and other Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• 3-5 years in a business-to-business environment; strong experience with data analysis tools, processes.
• Brings a strong analytical approach to solving data and technical problems.
• Thrives in an independent environment, flexible and adaptable and willing to learn different data analysis processes at Gerstco.
• Interested in diagnosing problems and seeing a solution through to implementation.
• Experience with technical systems such as HR Information Systems, Applicant Tracking Systems. Excel Workbooks, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Manager of EEO AAP Programs & Implementation
The Manager of EEO AAP Programs & Implementation is a new position at Gerstco and together we will work on the detailed goals and objectives for this job. There are some compelling reasons for the creation of this position that I would like to share with you as you make your employment decision. The position satisfies a goal when the company began years ago, which was to ensure that affirmative action programs and efforts are embedded in the fabric of a contractor’s employment policies and practices. In many ways this is done on an ad hoc basis by Gerstco today. However, creating a specific position for AAP program implementation will ensure that all clients receive up-to-date programmatic services that meet contract compliance requirements, with the added opportunity of including AAP concepts and notions in their company’s culture.
Gerstco, Inc., was founded in 1988, and incorporated in 2000 as a service company for affirmative action program planning. In the same year, we began to add software components to our list of services, which have assisted us in growing the business. We also provide software tools to those federal contractors who desire to develop and maintain their AAPs in-house. At this time, we serve over 200 federal contractors, nationwide in the AAP services area and provide AAP software to another 50 clients.
Gerstco provides employee benefits in the form of: medical, dental, and vision insurance, and administers an employee 401k program for employees. Dependent and Vision insurance is available. In addition, Gerstco funds a Safe Harbor 401k Contribution annually for each employee in the amount of 3% of their annual pay. In addition, employees may contribute the maximum amount allowed to a 401k program.